Bake tart cherry filling in pieces of simple pie dough and you’ve got yourself a delicious holiday dessert that any one can make!
The holidays are quickly approaching and I am giving it a little twist with this new and easy dessert. Remember my homemade cherry pie filling that I made over the summer? I am so thankful I did this because I whipped up this crowd pleasing Cherry Pull-Apart Tart.
I am sure there will be many little fingers running around this holiday season whether you are at a party or home on Christmas morning. This tart gives the perfect portion with one bite pieces with a huge tart and juicy flavor.
This recipe is super easy because I am using already made pie crust and if you don’t have fresh cherries, feel free to use store bought! The holidays are meant to spend time with friends and family not in the kitchen.
-1 package of home style pie crust (there are two in a package)
– 21 oz. can of cherry pie filling or you can use my homemade cherry pie filling here
Roll out both of your pie crusts and cut out as many circles as you can with a mason jar lid.
Take one circle and fold it like a taco shell, take a small spoonful of cherry filling and place it in the shell. Pinch both ends and place in a round baking dish.
Continue doing this in a spiral until your baking dish is filled.
Mix your egg with a splash of water to make an egg wash. Brush the wash all over the edges of each shell.
In a preheated oven of 425 degree F, bake tart for about 25-30 minutes.
Once cooled, feel free to sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Check out my other fun recipe that includes my easy and delicious cherry pie filling!
Easy as Pie Cherry Pull-Apart Tart
- Mason jar lid or something similar
- 1 package home style pie crust (there are 2 in a package)
- 21 oz cherry pie filling fresh or store bought
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll out both of your pie crusts and cut out as many circles as you can using a mason jar lid or something similar.
- Take one circle at a time and fold it like a taco shell. Take a small spoonful of cherry pie filling and place it in the shell. Pinch both ends of the dough and place it in a round baking dish.
- Continue doing this in spiral until your baking dish is filled.
- Mix egg with a splash of water and brush all of the edges of each shell.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until browned on top.
- Once cooled, feel free to sprinkle with powdered sugar.