I am so happy that fall is finally here and the weather is perfect. Chilly weekend mornings call for these fun and easy pumpkin spice rolls.
- 2 cans Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbs milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Orange and green food coloring
- Orange icing pouch (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional) I used Spice Spice Sprinkle Mix by Sprinkle Pop
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Open both cans and put aside 2 rolls, unravel the rest and slightly flatten each strip of dough.
- Mix together pumpkin, milk, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until well blended.
- Divide pumpkin filling and spread over each piece of rolled-out dough.
- Roll the strips back into a circle and place all in a baking dish, about an inch apart.
- Unravel the two rolls that were put aside, cut into rectangle pieces and place on top of each roll.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix one cream cheese icing with green food coloring and the other with orange food coloring.
- Once rolls are removed from the oven and cooled, spread green icing on the rectangle stems and orange icing on the buns.
- Drizzle orange icing onto pumpkin and , add sprinkles of your choice.